Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Year of Scrappy Triangles - Block 15



Hello! Today I am in sunny California - a nice change from below freezing temperatures. I've been to see the zoo in San Deigo and wandered around town and the beach. Any other must dos while I'm here?


This week's block is a simplified variation of Block 9. While I am using scraps for the pieced parts of the block, I find I keep buying a fat quarters here and there that I think would be good backgrounds. The text and aqua chevron prints are recent purchases.  sigh.  At least they were bought for a purpose and not just to sit in my stash. But really I have actually been pretty restrained with buying fabric just to "have on hand". Well, except for the new Heather Ross fabric I just preordered here... At least I know I'm not alone in my fabric love!

Here's to making more beautiful things with the fabric we have! And here is the Block 15 template to get you on your way.  (Don't forget to check and see all of the great #yearofscrappytriangles blocks on Instagram!)


1 comment:

  1. Dear Leila, I found your scrappy triangles a few days ago. Last Tuesday my girlfriend an me sewed our first blocks. They are so funny. Thank you for sharing your templates.
    Waving greetings from Germany Larissa

    ReplyDelete